There are multiple reasons why your SIM card may appear connected to the network, but is not getting an Internet connection on a 4G/LTE network.
You may experience the following problems when the SIM card is not connected to a data network:
- Extremely slow download/upload speeds
- Only "E" (Edge) appears in the signal status, no 4G/LTE
- No Internet connection, even though SIM card shows a connection
To troubleshoot the above issues, please follow these steps:
1. Are you in Indonesia?
Please note that the Bikago Mobile SIM card will only work in Indonesia, while you can install it when you are overseas, it will only start to work when you arrive in Indonesia.
2. Turn ON Roaming Data
Roaming Data must be enabled for the SIM card to connect to a network.
3. Reset the data connection
On your device Settings screen, enable Airplane Mode and wait 30 seconds, then switch off again. This will force the device to re-connect to the cellular network. Wait up to 15 minutes for the SIM card data plan to successfully authenticate and begin receiving 4G/LTE data.
4.Check the APN settings
Most phones will automatically assign our APN, but some phones need to manually activate them or enter them. Our APN is "mobile", without the " ". No password or proxy.
5. Manually select a network
If resetting the data connection does not work, you may need to select a network manually. Follow the steps below:
Apple iOS (iPhone)
- Open Settings/Configuration
- Go to Cellular and select the SIM card
- Tap Network Selection, and on the following screen, switch Automatic to Off. Wait for the list of available networks to appear.
- Manually select the TELKOMSEL network, and wait for the signal status to update. You should see the signal status in the top bar switch to "Searching" when you select a new network.
- After you have manually connected to the TELKOMSEL network, toggle Automatic back to On.
If you have a chinese made smartphone, such as Huawai phones, it's advicable to always manually select the TELKOMSEL network instead of using the automatic selection.
Still no data connection
Please contact us !
If you are sure that the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is possible you are in an area without service, or there is a network issue out of our control that is affecting service. The best thing to do is wait and check later. Leave the Network Selection set to Automatic, and the device will continue searching for a signal.