Please check the following items in order to guarantee that you are able to successfully install and set up your eSIM:
How to Activate an eSIM
Activation is simple. Follow the steps below:
1. On the device where you want to install the eSIM data plan, open the Camera app.
2. Point the camera at the QR Code. Tap on the notification that appears, which should say Cellular Plan Detected - Tap to preview this cellular plan.
Please note that you have to display the QR code on another device. It's not possible on iOS to scan the QR code image from your own device.
If you don't have another device available to display the QR code on, then please follow the steps for manually installing the eSIM.
3. On the following screen, follow the prompts to install the new Data Plan. Usually the default options are okay to accept.
4. Once the new Data Plan has been added, make sure that Data Roaming is set to ON in your phone's Settings, under Cellular Data > Your new eSIM plan. Note that your eSIM plan may be called "Secondary" or "Travel.", you can also call it "Bikago Mobile".
5. Once you are in Indonesia, you can change the Mobile Data or Cellular Data setting to the name of the eSIM plan, for example Secondary, Personal or Bikago Mobile.
Make sure "Cellular data" is set to the label of your Bikago Mobile eSIM once you arrive in Indonesia
Make sure your Data Roaming is turned ON on your Bikago Mobile eSIM profile
Make sure NOT to enable Mobile Data switching, and use your home country SIM card or eSIM as the standard line for phone calls and text as our eSIM does not provide a phone number and is data only.
Connecting to the Internet
After successfully activating your eSIM, your device will begin searching for a signal immediately. In most cases, a data connection will be established immediately, and you will see 4G/LTE/5G in the signal status. This means you are connected and ready to go!
In rare cases, it may take up to 15 minutes for a data connection to be established. Please be patient, as there are many data carriers and environmental factors that can affect the activation time.
If you are unable to connect to the internet after 15 minutes, please see our eSIM Connection Troubleshooting Guide.